The Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunication (CIT) helps member companies to get the most of their membership benefits by assisting them with entering into contracts, agreements and MOU with counterparts working in the ICT industry locally and globally in order to maximize their revenues and enrich their skills and competitiveness.
For the purpose of regulating various relationships among the member companies, CIT has adopted the idea of preparing number of standard contracts by help of a legal advisor of the State Council. The following 6 contracts have been finished and circulated to the members via the CIT online portal for their review and feedback:
- Contract for Preparation and Supply of Software
- Contract for Supply of Software
- Contract for Integrated Solutions Systems
- Contract for Supply, download, training, and licensing the use of programs
- Contract for Technical Support
- License Agreement for computer software use
The above six standard contracts and agreement have also been reviewed by Dispute Resolution Committee and its feedback and comments are currently worked on in preparation for reaching the final acceptable formula. For the interest of member companies, number of successful deals involving contracts entered into by and between CIT companies and other counterparts parties has been made as follows:
- A mutual agreement with ITIDA dated May 2007, under auspices of the Minister of Communications and Information Technology for providing finance to implement the CIT plan for ICT development. Such agreement focused on a Memorandum of Understanding with the College of Fine Arts.
- Memorandum of Understanding with Riyadh Chamber of Industry and Commerce aiming at increasing the trade exchange and industrial cooperation between Saudi and Egyptian companies working in the ICT field.
- A memorandum of understanding with Abu Dhabi Chamber of Industry and Commerce made during participation in Gitex Dubai 2007.
- A memorandum of understanding with Sharjah Chamber of Industry and Commerce.